Quick Facts About Piedmont
- Location - The City of Piedmont is located near the geographic center of Oklahoma, in the far northeast corner of Canadian County on State Highway 4. Piedmont has easy access to Highway 3 and 4 and is located approximately 4 miles from the Kilpatrick Turnpike connecting to Interstates 35, 40, and 44. The city contains 43 squaremiles and borders Oklahoma City.
- Population - A dynamic metro city, Piedmont's population has grown from 3650 in 2000 to its estimated size of 6000 today.
- Growth Rate - One of the fastest growing communities in the State of Oklahoma, Piedmont grew at the rate of 64% from the 2000 U.S. Census making it the lead community for growth in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area. The Piedmont School System also grew at 14% in the last year. Building permits increased from 110 in 2004 to 121 for 2005.
- Traffic Count - The average number of vehicles passing through one of the busiest intersections in Piedmont, Edmond Road and Piedmont Road, is approximately 17,424 in a 24 hour period.
- Utilities - The City of Piedmont offers water and sewer services, as well as contracts for the provision of trash services.
- Oklahoma Natural Gas provides gas services to the City and the Cimarron Electric and Oklahoma Gas and Electric provides electricity service. Piedmont is served by AT&T as well as major wireless providers an