City of Piedmont Roads Projects Page
Welcome to the City of Piedmont's Road Projects Page. The information displayed on this page will be dedicated specifically towards the roads maintenance operations and future planning for roads infrastructure within Piedmont city limits.
This will be updated with information on grants, weekly maintenance, work orders, road conditions, short term and long term roads projects.
Latest Roads Project News;
Piedmont Public Works - Pothole Patching (9/9/19 - 9/13/2019)
Potholes located on Moffat (234th) stretching from Frisco to Richland have been largely focused this week. Crews are about 95% finished with this stretch and have been held back from continuing due to Thursday nights rain.
After finishing Moffat (234th), crews will be moving to Apache (206th) from Frisco to N. Piedmont Rd.
Piedmont Public Works - Road Grading (9/9/19 - 9/13/2019)
Maintenance has been completed to the following roads.
- Arrowhead (192nd) from N. Piedmont Rd. to Mustang Rd.
- Mustang Rd. from Waterloo (248th) to Arrowhead (192nd)
- Sara Rd. from Waterloo (248th) to Arrowhead (192nd)
Mustang Rd. and Sara Rd. still have areas that will need materials such as 1 & 1/2" crusher and shale applied. It will be a few weeks before we can get these materials in and finish dressing the roads.
Maintenance of Sara Rd. Between Washington (164th) & Edmond Rd. (178th)
- Problematic locations will be addressed just south of the intersection of Sara Rd. & 178th near the bridge. Conditions are the entire width of the road. Road will be impassable during time of maintenance.
- Road opened to through traffic on August 7th, 2019.
- Single lane closures will remain until rest of road has been addressed.
- Roadwork is under warranty and is being completed at no cost to the city.
- Full depth repair; saw-cut, 10” excavation, 6” agg base type A then 4” S4 asphalt.
- Chip seal repair; apply CRS-2S at 0.20 gal/sy then 3/8” washed rock at 14 lbs/sy.
- Project Start Date; July 29th, 2019 @ 9:00am
Washout Repairs on 234th between Cemetery & Frisco Rd.
- Pre-Bid Meeting July 2nd, 2019 at City Hall.
- Sealed Bid Opening July 12th, 2019 at City Hall.
- Project begin date; August 19th, 2019.
- Completion time is estimated for 3-4 weeks, pending weather.
- Beginning of construction will require water to be shut off in the area for an approximated 1hr timeline.
- Council is set to vote on the approval of an agreed upon bid July 22nd, 2019.
- Apprx. Cost; $114,000.00
Washout Repairs on Cemetery Rd. halfway between Apache & Moffat
- Project estimated begin date; July 12th, 2019 - July 13th, 2019
- Completion time is estimated for September 1st, pending weather.
- Contract awarded to Kudron Concrete & Construction Co., L.C. by City Council on June 24th, 2019.
- Equipment, material, and labor to construct concrete low water crossing, excavate existing tinhorn & debris, grade to subgrade.
- Total Cost: $32,800.00
Latest Roads Project Completed;
Urgent Maintenance of N. Piedmont Rd. Between Ash/220th & Moffat/234th
- Completed July 22nd, 2019
- N. Piedmont Rd. Between Ash/220th & Moffat/234th will be closed to through traffic on Monday July 22nd, 2019 for urgent road maintenance
- Completion time is estimated for the evening of Monday July 22nd, 2019.
- Detour signage will be in place to provide alternative routes.
- Project Start Date; July 22nd, 2019
- Apprx. Cost; Costs will be posted here once obtained.
Andy Ave. Grading
- Completed July 2nd, 2019
- Graded out the washed road.
- Crew has applied 82.5 tons of 1 1/2" crusher
- Apprx. Cost; $2,300.00
Asphalt Work on Morgan Rd. 178th - 206th
- Patched existing road from Edmond Rd. North to Kansas Cemetery North of 192nd Street.
- 90.62 tons of Type C Asphalt
- Total Cost; $13,593.00
Meadowlark Lane - West of Mustang Rd.
- Completed by Kudron Concrete & Construction Co., L.C. July 1st, 2019
- Grinding existing surface and resurfacing with gravel.
- Total Cost; $12,959.00
Proposed Roads Projects;
Waterloo / 248th 1 Mile West of Piedmont Rd.
- ProSeal Reclamite application for pavement preservation.
- Restoring of key components of asphalt, reverse oxidation & aging issues, preserve road & prevent cracking.
- Apprx. Cost; $15,000.00
Mustang Road between 164th (Washington) & 178th (Edmond Rd.)
- Base modification, drainage structure, and resurfacing.
- Apprx. Cost; $300,000.00-$325,000.00
- Drainage work is intended to be started this Fall.
- Surface and base modification is intended to be done late Spring of 2020.
Edmond Rd. Between Frisco and Western Municipal Boundary
- Bar ditch excavation and resurfacing with gravel.
- Apprx. Cost; $75,000.00 - $100,000.00
If you have any questions or concerns regarding roads, please call City Hall at 405-373-2621 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org